Yes, I did it... If Ash fussed in the night, then I would bring him in my own bed and let him sleep.

I know... rookie mistake, but I love to snuggle and cuddle him!

He loves all the free space to roll and move and roll and move and roll and move. (you get the point).

I did not sleep well this way.

AND he learned to wake up EVERY NIGHT and fuss until I came and got him.

Once again... NOT sleeping well this way.

So my advice? Don't bring them in your room to sleep. As much as you want to, it builds bad night habits. Too late for this advice? Already have a 2:00 AM fusser like I did? Here's how we remedied it...

When Ash fussed we tried the whole ferber method thing (let him cry himself back to sleep). Except Ash would scream FOREVER and I didn't have the patience for it.

Instead my husband and I took turns laying on the floor by his bed until he went back to sleep. We explained to him that its still night time and he needs to stay in his own bed, BUT we will sleep by him for a while. It takes him a whole ten minutes to fall asleep and then we are back in bed. SLEEPING. Like normal people. After about a week of this he started just sleeping through the night again.

I've also heard of people who lay on the kid's bed with them. Then after a few days they moved to sitting in a chair by the bed. Then after a few days they move the chair closer to the door, etc., and eventually the child starts sleeping through the night.

So there. That's my advice for all it's worth. Now does anyone have advise on losing the binky? I've already tried cutting it. Didn't work. Also tried asking him to give them to the babies at the hospital. Didn't work either.

Oh the binky... I don't think we'll ever get rid of it.