Our little guy wanted a scooter for his second birthday. Sadly he was NO where near ready for one at that point. We bought him another small birthday present and promised as soon as his little feet could reach the peddles we would get a trike.

It has been two months and he is growing FAST. The other day we were at the toy store and he runs to the bike section. He jumps on one of the trikes and YES it is finally time.

We let him play with the floor models and find the perfect trike. One that is sold out. Fabulous.

On lunch one day I take my brother (pretty soon this blog is going to be only about my brother I mention him so much... we work together so we see each other A LOT) to another toy store. The trike is sold out there too.

We start looking at their selection. Is there anything else? WHY YES... and it's only double the cost of the first one. Great. But it's awesome. It fits our little guy and his surfer attitude.

My brother starts explaining all the benefits to a metal trike (it will last so long!) and real tires (so much better than plastic!). Pretty soon I'm sold. I gulp at the price and hand over my money hoping it will be worth it.

I take it home and explain to my husband how it is such a sound investment. Luckily he was to blinded by the awesomeness of it to disagree.

This is what we ended up with:


Ash loves it and it has been well worth the cost. We both have cruisers now and it just makes riding that much more fun. He has ridden it almost every night.


It even has a little bell that Asher can ring. It makes a cool little old school "brrrring" sound.


I took the basket off my bike and hooked it to the back of his. Perfect for "carter" (the puppy). Here he is "posing" with carter and the bike:


Off to ride!